March 22, 2009

It’s Ikhyd, Not Ickitt, Pickit or Lickit Says M.I.A.

M.I.A. shows off the bun in her oven prior to giving birth

British Hip Hop star, M.I.A. has finally cleared things up with regards to her son’s name. For the record and to stop further inaccuracies, we are proud to announce her son’s name is Ikhyd.

Thanks so much for clearing that up M.I.A., that’s a load off our minds. It’s really nothing like Ickitt, which was the name initially reported that M.I.A and fiancé and fellow musician, Benjamin Bronfman, had named their son after his arrival into the world on February 11, just days after the heavily pregnant star, performed at the Grammy Awards, looking as if she would give birth on stage at any moment.

After Ikhyd’s arrival, there was much hullabaloo regarding his name and whether it would be weird enough to join the bizarre celebrity baby name club.

M.I.A. exasperated at the incorrect reporting, took to her MySpace blog saying “My baby is not called Ickitt, Pickit or Lickit, thank you very much. He’s a baby, he don’t need press!” She didn’t however announce at that time what she had named him.

The confusion was apparently caused due to the way his name is pronounced which is like Ickitt so can you blame us M.I.A.?

Now that we know his correct name we will be sure to address him properly if we ever meet him and as M.I.A. says, I guess now we can all go and stickit!

2 comments:

  1. Well then Cocobytes could you please clarify is she MIA as in Mama Mia or is her name Missing in Action. Most confused Celebrity Haw

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's M.I.A., British Hip Hop star, born originally in Sri Lanka. Her real name is Mathangi Maya Arulpragasam but I guess M.I.A. which is her stage name is easier for the crowd at her gigs to chant. Cheers

    ReplyDelete

Don't agree or just want to have a rant? Here's your chance.