January 9, 2009

Nicole Kidman Hates Her Acting As Much As We Do

Nicole Kidman tried her best scary acting face but nobody believed her



Nicole Kidman felt the puzzling need to let the world know she can’t stand seeing herself on screen and isn’t proud of her performance in latest movie “Australia." A rather strange & damaging comment to make whilst “Australia” is still running in movie theatres worldwide and one of which director, Baz Luhrmann, and the producers must be really delighted about.

Kidman was being interviewed by Australian radio station 2 Day FM, saying she “squirmed” in her seat during the Sydney premiere because she felt extremely uncomfortable watching herself on screen.

Kidman said "I can't look at this movie and be proud of what I've done. I sat there, and looked at Keith and went, 'Am I any good in this movie?' But I thought Brandon Walters and Hugh Jackman were wonderful. It's just impossible for me to connect to it emotionally at all."

Kidman was so embarrassed by her performance and her tight, highly animated face on screen, that as soon as the premiere was over she hailed a taxi to the airport and got her sorry ass and handbag, Keith out of the country toots sweet because her nervy disposition couldn’t take it if someone said the slightest negative thing about her.

The sad lady knew the critics were just waiting with pens poised for the movie to finish so they could write something damning about her frozen face and jittery acting skills on screen.

She said "We ran because I didn't want to read anything. I didn't want to know. I saw my sister and my family and we saw Keith's family and then we were straight on a plane." Kidman added she only attended the premiere to please the film's director Baz Luhrmann.

Oh the poor dear, she probably wanted to throw herself onto her lilac bed and cry softly into her silk pillows to wash the pain away.

The most interesting tidbit she uttered in the interview was that throughout her entire movie career she had only had only been able to force herself to sit through screenings for “Moulin Rouge” and “Australia.” She said: "I don't usually see my films, but because of Baz I had to see it. I saw 'Moulin Rouge'. I've really only seen that and this in my whole career. It gets worse as I get older."

It gets worse as I get older??

Isn’t she an Oscar winner? Isn’t she proud of any of her previous performances or does she, like us, think they are all shit.
It’s not fair that she didn’t have to sit through her other movies and we did.

A word of advice Nicole, get over your special victims unit survivor act – you don’t know how to act it and nobody’s buying it. You are doing much more damage by opening your inside out lipped mouth and trying to play the injured party.

Alternatively, you could stop acting - as you say yourself, it will only get worse as you get older.

See SMH for full story.

1 comment:

  1. Honestly this woman cannot get it right, how many mistakes did she make last year promoting her dumbass movie, Australia

    ReplyDelete

Don't agree or just want to have a rant? Here's your chance.